Disclosure: This recipe for Coffee Cacao Bites was created for a Kohana Cold Brew Concentrate Recipe Contest.
I whipped up these coffee cacao bites using the Kohana Cold Brew Concentrate. Please consider voting for my recipe and check out all of the other great recipes while you’re there!
I know I don’t normally do Saturday posts but I wanted to be sure you saw this recipe for coffee cacao bites!
Coffee Cacao Bites
These bites are perfect for that inevitable mid-afternoon slump. Just a little bit sweet with a little jolt of caffeine. There are only two tablespoons of coffee in the whole recipe so these definitely won’t put you into caffeine overdrive.
These bites are Paleo, dairy-free, gluten-free, and Whole30 approved. There are also so easy and come together in less than 10 minutes. What’s not to love?!
- 1/3 cup raw hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 3 pitted dates
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 2 tbsp Kohana cold brew coffee concentrate
- Extra cacao powder for rolling
- Add hazelnuts, almonds, and dates to a food processor. Pulse until chopped into fine pieces.
- Add cacao, cinnamon, and vanilla to mixture and blend until combined.
- Add coconut butter and blend until combined.
- Add cold brew coffee slowly while the food processor is running until mixture is combined. The mixture should come together into one large ball.
- Spoon out a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball.
- Roll in extra cacao powder.
- Enjoy with an iced Kohana cold brew latte!
- Makes about 10-12 bites; store in fridge for up to a week!
- Raw nuts from Trader Joe’s but you can find raw almonds on Amazon.
- EatingEvolved Unsweetened Coconut Butter — This stuff is INSANE. I love it and eat it by the spoonful. #noshame And you can get a free gift with your EatingEvolved order by using the code “katdtmt” at checkout!
- Kohana Cold Brew Concentrate — Even though I received a bottle of this for free for this recipe contest, I can honestly say it’s really good. It’s smooth and not bitter; it’s definitely one of the best cold brew concentrates out there. Plus, it’s from Hawaii AND it’s organic. You know how I feel about organic coffee!
If you have questions about any of the other ingredients, leave them below in the comments!
One more, hopefully not obnoxious plug, please consider voting for my recipe and check out all of the other great recipes while you’re there!
Disclosure: This recipe for Coffee Cacao Bites was created for a Kohana Cold Brew Concentrate Recipe Contest. Kohana supplied me with a bottle of their concentrate.