A few weeks ago I promised I’d be back with my favorite products for winter skin care. These are either my all-time faves or products that come highly recommended!
I know the title of this post is “Winter Skin Care Routine for Dry Skin” but a lot of these products are good for winter, regardless of your skin type. In the winter, our skin tends to dry out no matter what kind of skin we have.
In case you missed it, see my top tips for winter skin. Good skin care starts on the inside as products can only take you so far.
Once you’ve taken care of what you can control, here are a few products I’d recommend!
Products for Winter Skin Care
Switching to a non-foaming, cream-based or oil-based cleanser in the winter helps moisturize your skin and replenish your natural oils. The last thing you want to do is strip all of your natural oils away, that just creates a vicious cycle and your skin will try to work in overdrive.
Also, if you cleanse at night, you likely don’t need to cleanse again in the morning.
1. One Love Organics Vitamin B Enzyme Cleansing Oil — I’m a broken record on this one, I just love it so much. It doesn’t dry out my skin and remove makeup like a dream. I use this at night to wash my face and remove my makeup.
2. Josh Rosebrook Complete Moisture Cleanse — I gave this to my mother-in-law for Christmas and she let me try it before I came back home. It cleansed my skin really well and also made it feel so soft. This is on my must-buy list.
3. Osea Cleansing Milk — Admittedly I haven’t used this one but have heard rave reviews. Cleansing milks are nice because they don’t strip your skin and they leave just enough moisture behind.
4. Josh Rosebrook Hydrating Accelerator — I love this toner. It adds hydration and smells amazing. I love either misting it on after I cleanse my face before I apply a moisturizer or using it in the morning instead of cleansing my face again. It’s also great for travel and events, as I mentioned before.
5. Josh Rosebrook Advanced Hydration Mask — People rave about this mask! You don’t wash this one off, allowing all the ingredients to sink into your skin. This mask will really lock in moisture.
6. Josh Rosebrook Cacao Antioxidant Face Mask — (You’d think this post was sponsored by Josh Rosebrook! It’s not but I can’t help it, I just love his products!) This mask is an all-time fave; I love the way it removes the bad stuff, keeps the good stuff (moisture), and promotes good circulation.
Balms & Oils
7. One Love Organics Skin Savor Multi-Tasking Wonder Balm — This balm does it all. It smells like citrus, locks in moisture, and will last forever. I bought the trial size a few months ago and I still have a lot left.
8. Providence Apothecary Healing Balm — This is another product I haven’t tried but the name says it all. It’s great for those with eczema and provides deep moisture to sensitive skin.
9. Kahina Argan Oil — Argan oil is a great moisturizer. It’s also good for all skin types, making it a great choice for a lot of people.
10. Henné Organics Lip Exfoliator in Nordic Berries — Any of these exfoliators are great, but I’m particularly drawn to the Nordic Berries. The color is a deep fuschia and smells amazing. These exfoliators have oil in them so they add moisture while exfoliating away your dry skin.
11. Vapour Organics Lip Lux Conditioner — This formula is unreal. It’s the perfect moisturizing lip balm without being too thick. I love to apply this before bed and let it sink in overnight.
12. One Love Organics Vitamin E Eye Balm — This is one of my holy grail products and it’s perfect for winter. I apply this each night before bed and wake up with perfect skin under my eyes.
So there you have it! All my favorite products for my winter skin care routine. Have you used any of these? Any in particular you’d like to try?
Disclaimer: This post isn’t sponsored, nor are these links affiliate links, I just love sharing what I love! I would never recommend products I wouldn’t use myself.