Do you love grocery shopping? Or is it the one task that gets moved further and further down your to-do list each week?
My Grocery Store Staples
I posted about this a few days ago on Instagram but I love grocery shopping. I’m one of those weirdos who loves the ritual of going to the store and checking out all the new products. It’s definitely the first place I think of going when I’m stressed. (Are you wishing I’d do your shopping for you yet!?)
My husband teases me and says that I’m a Type-A person in every other area of my life until I set foot in the store. Then I just wander aimlessly, and could for hours. It’s just such a happy place for me.
But anyway, I thought I’d share just a few of my weekly staples with you. This is definitely not an exhaustive list or a full pantry run down. These are just a few of the things I get each week!
- Almond Milk or Cashew Milk (Here are some of my favorites + Forager Unsweetened Plain Cashew Milk) to use for smoothies
- Meat and/or Fish
- Riced Cauliflower
- Large bag of Power Greens from Earthbound Farm
- Kite Hill dairy-free cheese
- A big clamshell of lettuce
- Mint or other fresh herbs
- Garlic, Shallots, or Onions
- Almond or Cashew Butter/Tahini
- Cashews/Hazelnuts/Almonds/Brazil Nuts for homemade milk
- Sparkling Water (often I buy Spindrift!)
As I said, this is not an exhaustive list but covers a lot of the basics that I pick up week in and week out. Now that it’s Farmers’ Market season, I also pick up a lot of produce there each week so my grocery store haul changes a bit. In another post, I’ll give the rundown on a few of my pantry staples!