Let’s make some cacao tahini almond butter bites!
I’ve seen so many recipes in the past few weeks for bites or energy bars but so many of them have lots of added sugar. And sometimes I really want something sweet, but not too sweet, you know? I also wanted to keep these really simple with a limited number of ingredients.
These bites made from cacao, tahini, and almond butter really fit the bill. They’re perfect for an on-the-go snack. You can keep them in the fridge if you want to enjoy them slightly chilled or throw them in your bag for a post-work or workout snack.
Plus, these are dairy-free, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free! Now on to the recipe!
- 1 cup dates (I used 9 dates), softened
- 4-5 tablespoons tahini (I happen to LOVE tahini so you'll have to play around with what you prefer.)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (Make sure you're using one without added sugar!)
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder, plus extra for rolling at the end if desired
- 1 scoop collagen peptides (I love Vital Proteins. You can also sub in a protein powder or leave it out.)
- Soften dates in warm or hot water if needed and remove pits.
- Put the dates in a food processor until they're chopped up into smaller pieces.
- Add the tahini, almond butter, cacao powder, and collagen peptides to the food processor and mix until combined.
- Using a spoon, scoop out a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball.
- Coat in extra cacao powder if you'd like. You can see from the photos that I rolled about half of them in cacao powder.
- Refrigerate and enjoy!