There is something about pecans that screams fall. The other day I was craving something toasty and warm and I developed this pecan butter recipe. You guys. This is a must try. It’s so good.
I made my pecan butter a little thicker than most nut butter so it most resembles a spread. If you want it to be a bit thinner, you can either add more coconut oil or leave it out on the counter for 10 minutes before using.
Here is my recipe:
- 2 cups pecans, toasted
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt (I used Pink Himalayan Sea Salt.)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 5 dates, softened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and place dates in a bowl of warm water.
- Place pecans on an ungreased baking sheet and toast for 6-8 minutes. Keep an eye on them, you don’t want them to burn. You may have to adjust the time depending on your oven.
- Allow pecans to cool and remove pits from dates.
- Place pecans in a food processor with the blade attachment and process for about 8 minutes. You could process them anywhere between 5-10 minutes. Scrape down the sides as you go.
- Once the pecans have reached your desired consistency, add the remaining ingredients and process again until mixed.
- Store in a mason jar in the fridge.
- Enjoy on toast, mixed into smoothies, with a spoon!
P.S. Don’t forget to enter the Meow Meow Tweet Deodorant Giveaway!